Thursday, July 15, 2010

Brunch Club & Supper, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong

Thursday, July 15, 2010

So quaint, isn't it? As you walk up the steps leading to the restaurant, it's almost as if you're walking up steps to a cosy little cottage tucked in a nice European town. A piano painted bright yellow greets you as you step into the restaurant, along with the friendly staff behind the counter. My friend pressed down on one of the piano keys and the note reverberated gently. The piano looked so adorable in yellow paint it could easily pass off as a toy. It conjured images of beautiful summer cottages, warm sunshine, and cheerful piano pieces.


I was in love with the decor of the entire restaurant. It made me feel like I was in a really special place, not a stifling and formal dining establishment, but a laidback and quaint cafe restaurant. As the name implied, Brunch Club serves all day breakfast, which was exactly what we were here for. We arrived in the evening (strange, I know), and they do serve dinner sets, but what we really craved for was yummy eggs benedicts!


And colourful fresh fruit juices too, to take away the heat. The sun's been overworking lately, don't you think?

Eggs benedict with gammon ham

Doesn't this look delicious? I did enjoy the eggs benedict, even though I wish both yolks came runny, instead of just one. The hollandaise sauce was pretty good, and even though the hash brown didn't look the least home-made, it was crunchy and perfectly enjoyable.

I've been to their flagship branch at peel street too. Twice, in fact, and the decor over there is equally lovely. The walls are filled with shelves of magazines on both sides, and a curtain is drawn over them when the sun sets in the evening for dinner. When I had my eggs benedict there, both yolks were perfectly runny. I had a hot chocolate with marshmallows too, the other time I was there, and it was such thick chocolate-y goodness. I guess I'm trying to say that I do love this place, both the concept and their all-day breakfasts, so much so that an overcooked poached egg didn't bother me. At least not this time. Sometimes ambience doesn't matter. I could have a bowl of gong zai noodles for example, on a stool in the street and be perfectly happy. But brunches are completely different. It's like therapy. Decor and setting comes into play.. and they do it excellently here.


Brunch Club & Supper
1/F., 13 Leighton road
Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 2890 2125

Brunch Club
G/F., 70 Peel Street
Central, Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 2526 8861


Pin It Now!

Leave a comment (0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...